Definition Connect is a digital consultation system which supports pre- and post-surgical monitoring, on-going patient recovery and patient discharge.
Definition Connect – bridging the gap between community care and hospital support
Definition Connect (formerly Secure Virtual Clinic (SVC)) is a secure file sharing and digital video consultancy system which streamlines pre-and post-surgical consultations, ongoing patient recovery and patient discharge.
Streamlined information sharing improves patient care and reduces patient footfall and paperwork, enabling hospitals to realise their sustainability goals and facilitate remote working.
When delivered as part of Definition Health’s end-to-end total surgical solution, it enables swift consultation and provides a central medical file for all patient information.
- Secure virtual consultations enabled by multi-factor authentication
- Reassurance and familiarity of a face-to-face consultation, online and within the comfort of the patient’s own home
- Patients can have family attend virtual appointments with them to offer support and gain insight into their care without space limitations or concerns
- Information can be accessed in one place, any time
- Secure two-way file sharing, in real-time, to support consultations and educate patients with information and advice
- A seamless, informed standard of care can be offered throughout the consultation, preoperative assessment and discharge
- Physiotherapy and specialist appointments as well as dedicated surgical follow up can be facilitated through Definition Connect reducing multiple hospital visits
“I wanted to streamline the patient experience. To stop them coming into hospital unnecessarily, we had to think more efficiently. I found a note about LifeBox in my in-tray and it was as if by magic here was the answer.”
Mary Richardson, managing director South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre,
“It’s a complete record that helps me to have an anaesthetic plan ahead of the operation. I can check if a patient is frail and can recommend post-operative care such as HDU or ITU. It helps me to reduce cancellations on the day of surgery and to tailor the anaesthetic technique to the patient’s needs.”
Dr Georges Iskandar, Consultant Anaesthetist for UCLH and HJE