Definition Recovery supports patients through their post-operative home recovery journey, providing hospitals with untapped data insights, increased capacity and an improved patient experience.
Definition Recovery – Post-operative patient support
Definition Recovery is a virtual recovery ward that allows patients’ post-surgical progress to be monitored by healthcare teams while they recover in the comfort of their own homes.
The virtual recovery ward enables hospitals to increase their capacity by discharging patients from hospitals earlier and avoids unnecessary outpatient appointments by facilitating remote monitoring.
The intuitive Definition Recovery platform allows the patient to share their progress from home and have their post-operative questions answered online by clinicians.
The hospital reviews information on the same intelligent platform reducing paperwork and enabling data-driven decision-making, to limit post-surgery complications and readmissions.
- Patients feel better connected to their hospital whilst recovering in the comfort of their home
- Answers to FAQs and other relevant information is surfaced at relevant times throughout the recovery journey
- Patients can rest assured knowing their recovery progress is being monitored remotely
- Patients can see positive trends in their recovery progress and look back at how far they’ve come
- Less unnecessary travel to hospital appointments
- Remove silent periods/blind spots between discharge and routine outpatient appointments
- Increase hospital capacity by removing unnecessary appointments and discharging patients earlier
- Enable data-driven decision making
- Identify urgent problems earlier
- Prevent hospital readmissions
- Analyse previously untapped data to identify trends and improve care
“It’s really good to know there’s someone taking an interest in my recovery”
“It’s nice to know that there’s someone watching if you’re stuck at home on your own”
“It opens up a new avenue of communication after your surgery.”
“It’s a great bit of software, really like it. Not heard or seen anything like it before. Helps remove work for the hospital and keeps an eye on me as the patient”