LifeBox is a digital pre-operative assessment ePOA tool which supports pre-op patient assessment, hospital decision-making and personalised patient care.
LifeBox – Digital pre-operative assessment (ePOA) for hospital and patient
LifeBox (ePOA) offers patients a platform to complete part of their pre-operative assessment in their own time, at their own pace. The information provided is then available for clinicians to securely access, allowing for early triage and risk stratification which streamline workflows and support personalised patient care.
LifeBox Digital pre-operative assessment (ePOA) comfortable and convenient.
- The patient provides information to the hospital from the comfort and safety of their home
- Reduction in multiple hospital appointments and associated travel
- Unique educational videos mean the patient is fully informed and put at ease about their upcoming hospital visit and procedure
- With secure file sharing, admissions and procedure information can be accessed in one place at any time
- Patient needs identified early resulting in personalised and relevant care
- Digital information provided by the patient throughout digital pre-operative assessment process is available in one place
- Concerns can be identified before hospital admission optimising patient safety and reducing cancellations
- Standardise clinical assessment based on regulatory guidelines.
- Remote working facilitated
- Uplifted procedure and comorbidity coding
- Pathways can be streamlined and centralised increasing efficiency and reducing unnecessary cost
“The biggest benefit of LifeBox is it increases patient safety. It gives me confidence because all patients undergo a full pre- assessment, and it gives the patient confidence that we take their wellbeing seriously. It’s great that all the information is so easily accessed by all that need it and in advance of their admission. It really feels like we’ve dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s for every case with no unwanted surprises on the day. Patients arrive fully informed and ready to go ahead with their treatment.”
David Redfern, Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon at the London Foot and Ankle Centre
“Our launch and use of LifeBox digital health technology has digitised our entire patient pre-operative assessment service, making it more efficient, eliminating the need for unnecessary hospital visits, and significantly reducing risks for patients undergoing surgery. It has proved an invaluable tool during the COVID crisis, supporting the safe triage process of NHS patients needing clinically-urgent surgery at our hospital which has become a ‘hub’ for the region.”
David Eglington, hospital director at The Montefiore Hospital, Hove
LifeBox digital pre-operative assessment (ePOA)
Intelligent, intuitive, simple
LifeBox is a web based digital pre-operative assessment (ePOA) app – accessible on phone, tablet or computer – that intelligently guides the patient to provide information that supports their entire hospital journey.
Colour-rich with a user friendly interface, LifeBox ePOA makes data inputting simple and stress-free for patients, allowing part of their pre-operative assessment to be completed at a time and place convenient to them.